Monday, August 15, 2011

Summer randoms

Here are some random pictures from the summer..

Lucy was in safety town for 2 weeks in July (afternoon session) which was a great thing to keep her busy. It makes me really excited for her to go to kindergarten. As much as I love her, afternoons are hard because she is sooooo bored and Norah still naps so once she is in school it will be a great time for me to have some time to get things done that I need to do.. safety town was a great teaser for me cause I got a taste of what it will be like. Can't wait! Norah had to get into the safety town action the day of graduation.


Lucy with her graduation badge.. they learned about bike safety, stranger awareness, water safety, fire safety, seatbelt safety (yes, I get in trouble every time we get into the car and I don't have my seat belt on :)), police day, animal safety, bus day, and other stuff I can't remember but you get the idea, they sang lots of cute songs, they had to take a helmet everyday so they could ride tricycles around their own streets with real traffic lights (kid ones) etc it was really cute how they would teach them about different aspects of safety. She loved it!!


Playing at one of the many parks close by.. they love this dinosaur for some reason.


Dave is riding in the Pelotonia this week and so OSU had a kids bike race at the stadium.. it was really fun! Lucy and Archie Griffin at the finish line..


Lucy ready to race.. there were a ton of kids behind her, it was pretty cute. She pedaled her little heart out.


Norah loves kitties!! This was at an Amish farm, the kids loved the animals!

Not sure how this picture made it in the mix, it's cute I guess!


Dave did a half ironman in Muncie, Indiana last month. It was so stinkin' hot, I melted just being outside with the kids so I am glad he survived the heat! It's a lot of work to train for one of those races. I'm proud of him.. he doesn't have much spare time to train but he finished it and did it well! Way to go babe!


Lucy with the ironman hat! The kids were troopers that day!


4th of July.. we watched fireworks at OSU (Red, White, and Boom) had a BBQ with friends from the ward, Dave took the kids to the parade.. I had worked all 3 nights of the holiday weekend so I was sleeping, heard I missed out on some sweet parade action, maybe next year.


Our family at the BBQ.. fun stuff. Can't believe another 4th of July has come and gone. I love the 4th of July! My favorite holiday hands down.

I thought I would shrivel up and die missing the Clark festivities but Columbus isn't that bad after all. We really love it here and are grateful for friends to share holidays with!

No comments: