Sunday, January 18, 2009

Christmas 08

Christmas Eve, looks like Santa came to see Lucy. Lucky girl! Christmas morning. Grandma and Grandpa Clark gave this to Lucy and she absolutely loves it! Thanks guys. You always do such fun things for the kids and for us. We love you guys!
A little marble magic, tennis raquet and balls so she can play with mom and dad, her own personal Winnie the Pooh laptop, and a new DVD player to watch her shows were her main presents.
This kept her busy all morning, and every morning I must say.

This is the Disney tent that she got from her Arizona cousins. Dave set it up for her and she camped out in it all day long.



We slept in, made breakfast, opened presents and just hung out. I got some great gifts. It snowed all day and they finally plowed our neighborhood just in time for me to get to work. It was such a fun day. I always hate to see it end.
Our holiday was really fun. Dave had some time off and was able to be home. It was so nice to have him around. Just when I get used to him being home he's gone and busy again. I love when he has breaks and we can just hang out and do fun things together. It is probably the last Christmas break he will ever have again. So sad but true.
New Years is so overrated but we had fun. We went to dinner with some friends and then came home and watched T.V. I fell asleep 5 minutes before midnight and missed the count down. I was tired. Maybe next year we can get wild and crazy, probably not.
This year has been a really good one. As I look back at everything that has gone on I get a good feeling and I always hate saying goodbye to the past year although I look forward to the next and wonder what it will bring. This next year is going to be life changing for our family. Moving (most likely, we find out in a week where we will be), selling our house and buying a new one, new baby, quitting job and possibly finding a new one, graduation for Dave (I'm so proud of him! He has worked so hard and done so well), starting residency, and yeah... it seems a little overwhelming but it is going to be great. I'm so glad we have eachother to share the adventure with. I have such a good life and my number one goal this year is to try and remember how blessed I am to have so much. I get so stressed and anxious about the little things in life that I forget to look at the big picture. I want to be a good mom and wife, be healthier, get back into shape asap after the baby is born (I can't stand to see the extra weight pile on although it is for a good reason), try and not complain as much, and try to relax once in a while. It is such a hard thing for me to do with so much going on right now but I really need to work on this one. So many other things to work on and I know that I can do better. We all can and that is what is so great about a new year. Happy New Years to everyone... it's going to be the best one yet!!!



2 comments:

ashlee said...

Casey, I hadn't checked your blog in awhile and I love all the Christmas pictures! Lucy is so cute and she is going to be such a great big sister! Always fun to catch up with the latest Ludlow happenings!

jayne wells said...

Hi Cas! Catching up on your blog. I've loved reading it. Lucy is darling. Do you know where you're going to be living yet? I miss you!