Sunday, February 1, 2009

Match Day!!!

Last Monday (January 26th) was Match Day. I was very anxious about it and I know that Dave was stressed about it as well. We were both so relieved and happy to find out that he matched at Ohio State in Columbus, Ohio. We will be there for 5 years. His dream of being a surgeon is going to come true! No more wondering and stressing (although I am sure there will be plenty of that in the future) about matching or not matching. It is all over. He matched in urology, which is very competitive. I am so proud of him. Congratulations babe!

Our plan now is to get our house up for sale and hopefully have it sold by the time we move in June. We are trying to figure out a time when we can go to Ohio together to check out the area to see where we want to live before I have the baby in April. I'm excited that we will beable to live in a little house close to the hospital so that we can go see Dave when he is on call etc. I'm a little nervous about being so far away from my family but I know that they will come visit alot and I will fly home to see them quite a bit too. I'm excited to move and alot more ready now than I was when he was applying for med school 4 yrs ago but I will really miss having a 20 minute drive down to Provo to hang out with my mom and sisters for the day. I will really miss our little Chandlerpoint townhome too. It will be a really big adjustment but it is going to be so good for us. We are so blessed that everything is falling into place for us. What a good feeling!!!

3 comments:

Jason and Shannon Salmon said...

that is exciting! Congrates!!!

Lauren said...

wow! Ben and I wish our congratulations! we need to see you at least a dozen times before you go! yay for ohio!

Erin said...

Congratulations! That is SO great! Tell Dave good job.

P.S. I've known a few people that went there for med school and they really enjoyed it. Not sure if residency is the same though.