Monday, February 22, 2010

Updates

WE'RE BACK!!
Atleast for today.  I can't believe how far behind I have been on my blogging.  I don't know how anyone keeps up on blogging, I can't even keep up on my laundry.  I'm going to try and do better I promise.

We are all doing well and enjoying being here in Columbus.  Dave is staying really busy with work and continually checks the weather in St. George cause that's where he really wants to be. Biking, hiking, running, golfing, lots of business with all of the retired old men, it doesn't get better than that.  Come June he will have 1 year down, 4 to go.  Time flies so fast.  We moved here when Norah was 6 weeks and now she is almost 10 months.  I can't believe it.

I am working for a home health agency, I work nights, which is really nice that I don't have to worry about daycare etc.. I know the kids are safe at home with Dave and I don't worry.  I mainly work with the same family and I absolutely love them.  They are so good to me so instead of dreading work I actually look forward to going.

Dave and I are serving as ward missionaries and we really like it.  It has been by far my favorite calling.  I love the missionaries so much.  They work so hard and I have learned so much from them.  When we first moved out my brother Sean was still serving a mission.  I look up to him so much, he is such a good kid and I would do anything for him.  When I was called to be a ward missionary I automatically thought of him and told myself that I would love and take care of the missionaries here like I would want someone else to take care of my brother in Minnesota.  The church is true!

Dave and I made a goal to run the capital city half marathon in may so we are training for that.. 7 miles this week..  Yikes!  If I have to run one more mile on a treadmill I may kick myself, so hopefully the weather warms up soon so we can run outside.

Lucy started preschool last fall and loves it.  It is a chore getting her out the door on time but once were out it's good.  She has learned so much and always comes home with a new story or song.  She also loves the kids club at the gym.  She knows right where everything is and she loves to wash her hands with the magic soap.  She is a sunbeam and shared the scripture a couple of Sundays ago and it was so cute.  Her teacher says that she really likes to sing and that they are trying to teach her that she can sing during singing time but needs to listen when it's learning time.  I told the teacher good luck with that.  Lucy told me today that her favorite primary song is "Once there was a snowman" and then she sang and did the actions for me.  Dad says Lucy and I have an "intense" relationship because we bicker all of the time but love each other so much.  Lucy's favorite things to do right now are paint pictures, color, make princess crowns with daddy, sticker books, play hide and seek, the running game, dance party, drag Taco (her stuffed dog from Taco Bell) by a leash (dad's belt), act like her own made up doggie, Aggie, and pretend that otter pops are her bones, make tents, dance with her princess get up, and watch moobies.. she is a busy girl... and that's why she will be in pre school 4 days next year.  She has sooo much energy.  She also loves to "read" to us.  She loves to blame things on Norah, like today when I asked her who got the toys out again, "it was Norah" she told me. This is also kind of funny although I'm not sure where she got this from but when I ask her to do something she doesn't want to do she tells me that she has a broken leg, I just have to laugh.  My other favorite thing lately is when I say "It's time to brush teeth, take a bath, time to eat dinner etc" she says "I did it yesterday!"  I don't think she understands what yesterday means.  She says Ah, man, which is really cute.  We walk on eggshells with her and you never know when she is going to snap but she wouldn't be Lucy without a thousand tantrums a day.  She also claims that she dreams of noodles every time she sleeps.  Pretty funny.  

Norah is sooo chill and I love it!  Except that she is an early riser... that doesn't go over well in our house.  She is 10 months and getting so big.  She is a fast mover and is so funny because she doesn't crawl on all 4's, she army crawls.  She gets up on all 4's but prefers to drag herself.  I don't go anywhere without her following me, she works so hard to keep up but she does.  She has 2 cute little bottom teeth and has a 3rd starting to poke through on the top.  Her favorite things to do are to unplug the TV, especially when Lucy is watching her favorite movie (Lucy gets so mad and is getting really good at no, no norah!), she pushes buttons on the cable box, and pull books and movies off of the shelves, (Dave calls her a squirrel) oh and she eats anything off of the floor and I wonder why she has been sick most of the winter, I'm sure she is addicted to Motrin and Benadryl by now.  Speaking of eating, Dave has a new nickname for her, McNorah (as in McDonalds) because she eats anything you put in front of her.  She eats more than Lucy does now.  If she gets fussy I put her in her high chair and put food in front of her and she is happy.  It's awesome.  She is starting to grow some fuzz on her head (fuzzhead is another nickname for her) she is not the dark haired Norah I pictured she would be but I will take her the way she is.  She is a very happy, content baby and I just love her so much!

I am so so lucky!

Ahhhh, it's so good to be caught up, it's another productive all nighter, why not.




5 comments:

Jayne said...

Hooray! Thanks for the updates--you all are so cute. I love the pictures! The family picture is so cute! I miss you!

ashlee said...

Casey,
I haven't checked your blog in awhile and it was so fun to get all caught up with you guys! It's so great to hear that you guys are so happy out there...even though we miss you so much! Everyone looks great and the girls are so adorable! I love hearing about their personalities and stuff, reminds me of my own crazy girls! We hear about you often and love the stories...give those kiddos a big hug from us! love ya!

Lauren said...

So glad you're back! We miss the updates. Also so glad you're doing well and making the best of life! Maybe you already heard that Ben and I are expecting this August - so exciting.

Dehner Family said...

I love that she dreams of noodles! So cute. This morning was fun - we have a good little running group going on. I'm excited!

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

Hey Casey. Love your blog. You give me lots to look forward to in a few months. Your girls are darrrling. Does Norah still do her army crawl? That cracked me up so much. I can't wait to get our little girls together to play. I didn't realize you guys love St. George so much- we loved it too! Well, hope you guys have a good weekend! Tell Dave hi from Troy.