Monday, February 22, 2010

Big Events/Holidays 09 etc...

This is a shortened version of events/holidays in 2009... 


I can't believe that Lucy is old enough to go to preschool!  Covenant Preschool is a Presbyterian Church in the neighborhood that a lot of the girls in the ward take their kids to.  It's a great little place and Lucy loves it!  Sometimes she shows up with her pants, shirt, and/or shoes on backward (because she won't let me help her), and hair not combed (because she won't hold still and we are late again!!!... and not because of me :), several times I have come to pick her up and one of her teachers has fixed her little pony cause its in her eyes or whatever.  Mrs. Simmons and Mrs. Muhl are her teachers this year and they always tell me what a cute little girl she is.  She brings home something new everyday to add to our fridge collection.  Each day I have to secretly take a couple of things down and recycle them, if you know what I mean, she would throw a fit if she noticed something was missing.  She is in the 3's class and goes Tuesday and Thursday from 9-11:30 am.  She loves her M&M backpack (packpack) she's so cute.

In September my mom, Jenny (my sis), my Aunt Lisa, Jayne and Kate (cousins) and Penny (Kate's baby girl) came to Columbus for the Country Living Fair.  It was so fun to have them all here.  We had so much fun and it's a memory I will never forget.  I miss them all so much!  I wish they could come more often.

For our 8th year wedding anniversary Dave surprised me with a trip to a bed and breakfast in London.  Yep, you heard me right.  London.  London, Ohio.  We took the girls and had such a fun time.  It's so funny because it's randomly become a tradition that we always go to a bed and breakfast place and take the kids.. but it always seems to be some old creepy antique place with cats (we will have to work on that next year) but we don't care it's just fun to be together because that's what it's all about. I will spare all of you with the cheesy anniversary messages.


Our first halloween in Columbus was really fun.  We took the girls to "Boo at the Zoo" a night, which I have no idea where those pics are otherwise I would post them, ward party with trunk-or-treat, scavenger hunt at the local grocery store (which by the way, Giant Eagle is one of the chains out here and they have an "Eagles nest" where you can drop your kids off while you grocery shop, whoever came up with that is genius!!) Trick-or treating of course, Lucy couldn't decide if she wanted to be Tinkerbell or a princess so I bought a princess dress and added wings, whatever makes her happy.  She looked really cute.  Norah dressed up as a baby this year :).  I didn't even think to dress her up, it didn't really matter because it was so cold that she was bundled up in the stroller all night anyway.  Next year.

Lucy and some of the neighborhood kids.

My 2 little girlies!

Dave gets 2 weeks off this year so he decided to take one week off at Thanksgiving so we planned a little getaway to Gatlinburg, Tennessee.  It was a really pretty drive and always so cool to see other parts of the country.  We went to this really cool aquarium, probably the best ones I've ever been to.  I love this picture.

I thought this pic was cute of dad and the girls.

Lucy and daddy, they are so cute together!  We ate, slept, explored, shopped, etc.  We went on this really cool tram ride at this huge ski resort, at the top there is a mall with a skating rink and little shops and stuff, it was really cool.  We had so much fun.  It was nice to relax and just hang out together.  

Dave played in the annual ward turkey bowl and wore cleats that were too small and came home with 2 black toenails.  Since he's such an awesome Dr he decided to cure himself and poke holes in his nails to relieve the pressure.  I had to post the picture, sorry.  We made it home in time for Thanksgiving day which was really fun.  We had dinner with the Hymas, Rasmussen, and Burt family.  We love them so much and are so thankful for their friendships.  It made out first holiday away from home a very memorable one, of course I didn't get any pictures :( I wasn't really thinking.

First Christmas in Columbus and Merry 1st Christmas to Norah!  Christmas was pretty chill this year which was really nice.  On Christmas Eve we took the girls to "Princess and the Frog" and ate dinner at Cheesecake Factory with Martin and Kayla.  Christmas day we opened presents and then had some friends over for dinner and games.  New Years was pretty quiet.  Dave was on call so me and the girls got chinese take-out and went home and watched TV.  At midnight I was folding the mound of laundry that had been piling up on my couch and Lucy was watching a movie in my bed so I went and got her and we watched the ball drop together and then we went to bed.  Pretty exciting!!


In January Lucy, Norah, and I took a trip back to Utah for a winter break since we didn't make it back for the holidays.  We also wanted to see Sean (my brother), he returned from his mission in Minnesota so we wanted to spend some time with him.  We did so many fun things while we were there.  Now that I live away from home I look back at all of the things I used to take for granted like having someone to go to Sonic with and get a drink, or go to the mall and get lunch, simple things like that.  We used to do it all of the time but now I would kill just to be able to call my sisters or mom and have them meet me at Target, Costco or whatever just to get out.. now they are too far away :( I still have yet to find a coke friend, sad but true.  Okay, I lied, Lucy is my coke friend, she's always up for a little coke, but it's not the same.  Anyway, that was all kind of random but it was fun to go back and visit and those mall, Target, Sonic etc trips mean so much more than they ever did before.  I miss you guys.  Come see me soon.

Norah and Uncle Sean.  We love you Nusk and are so glad that we were able to come see you.  OSU is calling your name.  We have a very lonely futon right now... you could come to the mall with me.. Sonic?  I'll buy you some popcorn chicken?  I love you dawg.


No comments: