Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Lucy can swim!

I think these little videos of Lucy are so cute!  They make me so happy every time I watch them. I bought Lucy and Kade (her cousin) these little floatie swimsuits in June when we were in St. George and Lucy had no clue what she was supposed to do.  We tried to teach her that she needed to kick her legs and move her arms but she just didn't get it.  For a while she wouldn't even get into the water without her floatie swimsuit AND Strawberry Shortcake tube attached and then one day we went swimming and she saw all of the kids swimming on their own and decided that she wanted to do the same.  She got rid of the tube and was swimming all on her own (with her floatie swimsuit of course) but I was so excited.  It was so fun to see how much she has progressed in less than 2 months.    I stayed by her the first couple of days that she was on her own and then decided that I would take my camera to the pool and video her from the side.  The first video she is in the big swimming pool and she started to struggle so I had to jump in and rescue her.  I think she would of recovered but I saw the anxiety in her eyes and decided I should probably jump in and help her.  She was fine and back at it again.  The second video is in the hot tub with some random kid cheering her on.  I love that she stops to twirl her hair in between jumps.  She inherits that from Aunt Jenny and Aunt Sarah.  Thanks a lot guys!  We are so proud of you Luce!  You are officially 3rd pet fish!

No comments: