Friday, August 15, 2008

You will be missed...

Today was kind of a somber day.  We attended a funeral for Amber Jacobson, 25.  She is the wife of Trevor, a good friend of Dave's from med school.  She left him behind along with her 2 little kids (Matix, 3 and Nivelli, 14 months).  She passed away several days ago from suicide.  She had been struggling for a while with post-partum depression and had a history of bipolar disease.  She was such a good person and every time I think about it I get sick to my stomach and my heart aches for her husband, kids, and other family and friends that loved her so much.  I remember the first time I met her.  Dave and I went to Bear Lake for our 4th year anniversary and they happened to be up there at the same time so we hung out and went to the lake.  We went fishing and did a little hiking around the area.  She was so fun and very nice.  I knew that we would stick together as we supported our husbands through school.  We spent many hours together at flag football games, softball games, basketball games, BBQ's, and other functions for school.  She will be missed by everyone that knew her.  Life is so short and you just never know what the next minute will bring.  Your life can change in a blink of an eye.  Make every moment count.  We love you Amber!  

No comments: