Friday, November 21, 2008

New York 08

Dave interviewed in Long Island, New York last week and I was able to go with him.  The place was beautiful but it gives me a pit in my stomach thinking that we could be living there come this summer and not just for the summer but for 5 or 6 years.  It is so far away from home!  Wherever we end up will be fine but it will be a huge adjustment that I'm not sure I am ready for, especially just after having a baby.  We left Lucy behind, which I was really nervous about because I had never left her for more than a night before but she did just fine.  Dave's super sweet sister and her family took care of her for the first couple of nights and then my sister took her the last night.  I missed her so much.  


Manhattan is only about 1 hr and a few minutes away from Long Island so we drove there on Friday after his interview for the weekend.  We have some friends that live in Manhattan so we were able to see a lot of them while we were out there.  We ate a lot, shopped a little, saw a play on Broadway, and walked a million miles.  

It was such a fun getaway.  I wish we could do it more often.  I love you babe!  Thanks for taking me along.

No comments: