Saturday, November 8, 2008

Winter is coming!

I think this picture is so cute!  I can't believe she actually looked at the camera and smiled for me.  I was going through my closet and found this gloworm that I bought for her when she was a baby and she loved it.  I thought I had lost it but it was in a pile of random things in my closet and I was so happy that I found it.  I gave it to Lucy and she hummed to the songs all night and carried it with her where ever  she went.  She also loves this Shrek baby.  I recently bought "Shrek the Halls" for her and she watches it 20 times a day.  She also calls the baby  (her soon to be brother or sister) shrek baby.  I hope it doesn't come out looking like a Shrek baby.  Yikes!  She's funny.  I think she is going to love having a new baby around, we'll see.Since Halloween is over I decided that since it was freezing cold and snowy outside that we would start decorating for the holidays.  Lucy loves helping me put up these window stickers.
When we woke up the other morning there was about 6 inches of snow on the ground.  When I opened the blinds Lucy was so excited about it.  She acted like she had never seen snow before.  She probably doesn't remember it from last year.  She stared out the window and pointed and said "snow mom, snow!"  She was still in her jammies but she wanted to go outside so I bundled her in her winter coat and we went outside to play.  I started shoveling the snow off of the driveway and she wanted to help so I found this shovel that I plant flowers etc with and she helped me.  What usually takes me 5 minutes took me 15.  The joy of having kids, right?  I love her.She loved eating the snow.  I tried to tell her there were bugs in the snow but she didn't care, she kept on eating.  Gross.
I'm excited for the winter to come and wish it only lasted through the holidays instead of until March or later.  I don't know what I am going to do with with Lucy all winter while it is cold outside.  I guess we will have to go walk around the mall everyday.  Breaks my heart!

1 comment:

Mags said...

Dont you love how the littlest things make them happy and remind you that life is really all about the little things! So fun that you have a blog! I'm trying to get organized and found your blog address. Ours is jaredandmargaret.blogspot
i'm loving the sunshine this week.
love
Margaret