Sunday, March 22, 2009

Official Match Day

Yay!  March 19th was the official day of the Match.  Since Dave decided to do urology it was an early match for him so we knew back in January where he would be doing residency but this day was when all of the festivities happen and the day that the rest of the class finds out where they match.  The school had a brunch in the morning for the students and their families and that is when they handed out all of the official letters.  I was so glad that we already knew where we were going because that room got really intense for a couple minutes while everyone opened their letters.  I got a little teary eyed mostly because I remember how anxious I was finding out where we were going and we were at home, I can't imagine how everyone must of felt finding out in front of everyone.  I imagine it feels like getting a mission call, you really don't know what that letter is going to say until you open it.  

Dave decided to join in on all of the fun and open his letter and pretend to be really suprised that he matched in Ohio.  

It is all official now that he has his letter...  It was so cool to see where everyone matched.  There were alot of happy tears as well as some not so happy tears.  Mine were happy tears and I was a very proud wife that day.  What an accomplishment!

They had everyone come up one by one to announce where they matched and mark their destinations on the map.  Columbus, Ohio here we come.  I've heard nothing but good things about where we will be for the next 5 years.  I'm really excited but a little nervous at the same time.  Our lives are going to be very different and it will be weird to not be close to home but it is going to be so good for us so I couldn't be happier.

That night there was a Match Day party so we got a sitter for Lucy and went.  I'm going to miss a lot of our friends that we have met even though I didn't hang out with them a ton.  Best of luck to everyone.  What a good day!  I can't believe it has already come and gone.

2 comments:

Corinne said...

that is awesome Casey! Congratulations to you and Dave!!

ashlee said...

We will miss you guys and I will be so sad not to see Lucy and your other little one all the time! I am sure that Ohio will be a better place when the Ludlows reside there!