Saturday, October 11, 2008

Hee Haw Farms

We all went to Hee Haw Farms this last week for a Halloween get together before it gets freezing cold.  I love Halloween time!  It is one of my favorite holidays.  Lucy loved this little train ride and rode on it backwards like this.  Funny!  They had some big slides, kid friendly haunted house, haunted hay ride with creepy dressed up characters chucking candy at your head, corn maze, animals, pumpkin patch, corn box, hot chocolate and a million trillion kids.
Lucy was with Kade playing on one of the slides and I turned my head for not even 10 seconds to get a wristband to go into the corn maze, I turned around and Lucy was no where to be found.  It was the worst feeling I have ever had.  I started to panic and I could feel tears welling up in my eyes.  Every one in my family was looking for her.  I couldn't even tell them what she was wearing because I was so scared.  It was getting dark and I kept thinking someone has taken her or she is lost in the corn maze and scared or she is wandering out in the field of parked/parking cars and she going to get run over.  It was awful.  A feeling I never want to have again.  About 10 minutes later my mom found her at the entrance calling for mommy but she wasn't scared or crying just checking things out.  I was so relieved to see her safe.  I happily let her sleep in my bed, snore in my face, kick me in the back, ask for milk, and helped her find her binkie all night.  Oh wait, I have been doing that for the last month while Dave was out of town and now she won't sleep in her bed.  I am so glad that she was okay.  I would rather have her sleep in my bed than be lost at Hee Haw Farms.  What a nightmare!
We waited for Dave to go through the corn maze... this was post Lucy missing.  I haven't gone through a corn maze in years.  It was fun and as Lucy would say...  Spooky!
Playing in the cornbox.  We couldn't get her out of it.  I bet you can't imagine what came out of her diaper, clothes, and shoes when we got home.  We went to JCW's to eat dinner after.  It was a good night except for the 10 minutes Lucy was gone.  I will never forget this night!

4 comments:

Emily (the queen) said...

Hey There!!! I am so excited that you are prego again!!! Way to go! And I am excited about your blog as well. Let's go to lunch for sure this week!

jayne wells said...

Uh-oh, I accidentally left a comment on your NEXT post. Check it out there.

ashlee said...

Casey...I don't think I have even had a chance to congrats on the pregnancy yet!! I am so excited for you!! I hope you are feeling alright. I guess we missed you at JCW's that night...I hope you didn't feel stood up! Anyways, always great to see the latest pics!

Okey's said...

Congrats on baby number two!!! We are very excited for you and Dave!
love,jana, buzz and brielle